Nepean Blue Mountains Tenancy Support Service
We understand your situation
Despite the best intentions, your circumstances change and you may be struggling to pay your rent. It is not a nice place to be. However you are not alone. All it takes is a phone call and we at the Nepean Blue Mountains Tenancy Support Service can help you keep your home.
What is Tenancy Support?
It is a service we provide to people who are behind in their rent and are at risk of losing their home. The services are designed to get you rapidly back on your feet.
What do we do?
Our help comes in many forms, we can:
- Create a support plan to solve the problems that are putting your tenancy at risk
- Obtain crisis payments if you are behind in your rent
- Help you with Centrelink benefits
- Talk to the property manager to help you work through the issues
- Introduce you to financial counselling to achieve a workable budget so the issues that caused the current problem do not reoccur
- Connect you with a range of local services – such as employment agencies, counselling and family support.
If you have already lost your home
We can also assist people who have recently lost their accommodation find rented property with our rapid rehousing service.
This service will:
- Assist with property viewings and completing application forms
- Help break down those barriers that sometimes arise when you are looking for a rental property
- Connect you with Housing NSW Rent Start services and products
- Continue to support you after you move into a new place
- Work with local real estate agents to understand their requirements and help you meet them
- Help with applying for social housing – if this is the best solution.
Who can we help?
We can work with anyone in rental accommodation who is at risk of becoming homeless or has recently lost their home and has the capacity to take on and sustain private rental accommodation.
You also need to live within the Local Government Areas of Penrith, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury and Lithgow.
We do not work alone
Wentworth Community Housing is part of the Nepean Blue Mountains District Specialist Homelessness Services. We also work with:
- Platform Youth Services
- Lithgow Community Projects
- The Gender Centre
- West Connect Domestic Violence Support Services
- Mission Australia
How to contact us:
By phone: 4777 8041
By email: NBMtenancy@wentworth.org.au
Or if you would prefer, drop into one of our offices.